6 August, 2020
When: The event will be held on 6 August, 2020 to 6 August, 2020, and the schedule will be from 2:00 pm to 3:30 pm
Organisation: KULU - Women and Development
Theme: Private finance
Summary: Gender Lens on FfD - Equality and Women's Rights Impacts, a basic intro to Financing for Development agenda
K.U.L.U. – Women and Development & Feminist Task Force are pleased to invite you to participate in the first Feminist Task Force Webinar.
The webinar will be based on a primer and will provide a basic introduction to the UN Financing for Development (FfD) process and agenda from a gender equality and women’s empowerment perspective. The webinar is part of our ‘Finance Gender Equality and Women’s Rights – Close the Gap’ project that aims to inform about and engage new participation among civil society in financing for gender equality and women’s rights within the scope of the FfD agenda and the international human rights framework.
Many challenges continue to hamper progress – financial crises, feminization of poverty, COVID-19. The ways and means to finance development and aid modalities have changed. Lip service is paid to gender equality and women’s and girls’ rights, but real and transformative action is lacking.
What is the importance of the Financing for Development (FfD) process? How critical is gender equality and women’s rights to development finance and to achieving Beijing Platform for Action and the SDGs?
We will discuss this with:
- Katherine Gifford, Policy Specialist, Governance and National Planning, UN Women
- Gro Lindstad, Executive Director, FOKUS – Forum for Women and Development
- Pooja Rangaprasad, Director, Policy and Advocacy, Financing for Development (FfD), Society for International Development (SID)
- Rosa Lizarde, Global Director, Feminist Task Force; and Co-Convenor, Women’s Working Group on FfD
- Janice G. Førde, Chairwoman, K.U.L.U. – Women and Development (moderator)
We look forward to an engaging discussion and Q&A session in the final plenary.