29 September, 2020
When: The event will be held on 29 September, 2020 to 30 September, 2020, and the schedule will be from 10:15 am to 1:45 pm
Organisation: Financial Justice Ireland
Theme: Debt, Infrastructure, Natural resources, and Private finance
Summary: An online conference exploring tools, methods and activities to educate citizens in financial justice.
The conference will take place over two mornings.
Day 1 (Tues 29th Sept, 10.15am – 1.45pm CET). Open to Citizens for Financial Justice participants, and invited educators, policy-makers or other colleagues and stakeholders.
- 10.15: Introductions
- 10.30: Panel discussion followed by plenary Q & A- Educating Citizens for Financial Justice: Engaging with the formal education sector
- 11. 45: Break
- 12.00: Panel discussion followed by plenary Q & A – Informal Education: Tools and lessons for bringing financial justice education to the general public
- 13.15: Concluding remarks – Bringing financial justice into the classroom: the example of fair trade.
Day 2 (Wed 30th Sept, 10.15am – 1.45pm CET). Closed session for Citizens for Financial Justice participants only.
Prof. Doug Bourne (Director, Development Education Research Centre, UCL)Speakers include:
- Arnfinn Nygaatd (RORG Network of Development Education NGOs in Norway)
- Aishling McGrath (Director, WorldWise Global Schools)
- Meaghan Carmody (Head of Movement Building, FOE Ireland)
- Plus teachers, educators and further speakers to be announced.